Submission Call for the Sixth Issue of Young Ravens Literary Review!
In Issue 6, we are compiling a collection of Prayers for the Planet. All prayers—including theist, agnostic, atheist or humanist—are welcome. Ideas we would love to see explored include:
- Meditations on nature, and ecosystems in peril
- Prayers made of finding, losing, or renewing God(dess) on Earth
- Benedictions made of pies, dance, grace in mud, words in flesh, etc.
- Invocations of gratitude, sorrow, the whole gamut of mortal emotion.
- Calls for the Buddhist Metta, Hindu Priti—“lovingkindness” in English
- Celebrations of science and reason in a political era that devalues facts
- Your soliloquy on humanity’s past, present and future (lost or found?)
- Commitments to coexistence instead of narrow “spheres of obligation”
- Ink us new ways of communion for the 21st century
- Praise or mourn the face of the divine in every language and culture, and/or the intricate thread of evolution that wove civilization into its present incarnation
We accept fiction, nonfiction, visual art, and poetry of all flavors, from free verse to found. We are also interested in submissions that include raven artwork.
Submissions will be accepted until May 31st, 2017.